Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winter Wonderland

Hey lovilies,

Today I am linking up with Bella over at Dateless in Dallas for confessions!



  • Today I am stuck in my apartment because we are in an icy winter wonderland. It iced all day yesterday starting around 11:00 am. And it kept coming and coming and coming down all day. We went out an played in it during the sleet/snow time because hey, we're from the South and anything on the ground is fun. The best part of the day was around 8:30 when it finally started snowing for real. This called for us to get all dressed in layers and jackets and go play again. It was great getting to be a little kid for a few hours.

This is early in the day while it was still a sleet/snow mix with my roommate!
  • I am watching Four Weddings right now and there is a girl on it named Felicia. It is throwing me for a loop hearing people say my name on T.V. talking about a wedding. But I do love one of the other weddings on this show, its a Gatsby Wedding. I love the Great Gatsby

  • I love Troy but one of the things that I wish that we had more of was school/community spirit. The one thing that brings us all together is not a football game or anything on campus except snow. When I went up to the quad yesterday, there were so many people out there from all different groups playing in the snow together. It was really nice to see everyone hanging out and enjoying this once in a few years experience.

  • One thing that really erks me is seeing people on different social media sites complaining that southerners are freaking out over a few inches of snow. The thing that most people don't understand that come from up north is that this isn't just snow. We have ice. The ice is under the little bit of snow. Out snow will melt during the day today and then freeze tonight. Another thing that Yankee's don't understand is that the South isn't prepared for this. There is no justification for southern cities to spend the money to buy snow plows and other things when we don't have storms like this but every 4 or 5 years if that often. 
This is ice...not snow


I think that is all that I can think of for now. I hope everyone else is enjoying their day and if you are in this weather, please stay safe!

Till later

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I hate when people make fun of us about that, but you hit the nail on the head because we don't need to prepare when it happens once in a blue moon! I need a snow day though, I don't wanna go to work tomorrow! ugh.

    Thanks for linkin' up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Stay warm if y'all are getting hit as bad as we are down in Alabama

      Delete