Monday, February 3, 2014

Week Wrap Up: Weekend

The Rachael Way
I am doing a Weekly Wrap Up with Rachel at The Rachel Way and Lisa over at Améliorer la Vie. My week was pretty awesome actually. I did a Humpday Confession on Wednesday giving a midweek update but the end of my week was probably the most exciting part. So here we go!

Thursday
Still no school. It was our last day of snow days and a chance to catch up on work and relaxation before Friday. I still didn't drive anywhere but it did finally start to melt. Southerners don't do well with winter.

Friday
Now this was a fun day. It was a long and busy day. I started the day working in the Hospitality room for SAI. We had SEUS Friday and Saturday at school. For those who have no idea what I am talking about, SEUS is the South East United States Honor Band Clinic that Troy hosts every year. We have around 400 high school band students come and work with clinicians and put on a concert.  But anywho, Sigma Alpha Iota, my fraternity, puts a hospitatliy room together for the directors and clinicians. So Friday morning I went and sat there and kept the coffee going and cheese cubes out. The fun part was that it turned into a middle of the day slumber party. Four of my sisters came and hung out with me and we all watched movies and were wrapped up in blankets (because it was super cold in the room) and hung out until people would come see us.

After the hospitality day, Symphony band put on our SEUS concert. It is a two hour concert with music that is fun for the students and challenging for us. We spend all of the first month of the semester working for this concert. The best part of it is that my mom was able to come up for it! It made me so happy.

Saturday
Momma was here and we got to spend some time together. We don't get much time to see each other because I am 4 hours away in Troy. So any time that I get to spend with my family is great. So Saturday we went to buy groceries (because hey, that's why parents come to visit us right?) and went and ate lunch!



After she left to go back to Georgia I went to see Frozen, the Sing-Along version! Yes this is my third time seeing Frozen in theaters and no I am not ashamed.

Sunday
Sunday was very calm and boring, hung out at the house and went to chapter. Didn't even watch the Super Bowl because by the time I got home it was in the third quarter and it was a blowout. I prefer college football anyway.

Can't wait to read everyone's week wrap up!

4 comments:

  1. I loved in when I was in school and when my parents bought me groceries! It was the best. Thanks for linking up with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a blast when parents buy groceries for us!

      Delete
  2. troy has such an amazing band. i've not sen frozen yet. i think i'm the only person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it at Troy and the symphony band and Sound of the South is fantastic!

      Delete