Monday, February 17, 2014

V-Day and Chocolate Disasters

Hey lovilies,

I am doing another Weekly Wrap Up with Lisa and Rachel. 
Ameliorer la Vie 

This week's big thing was obviously Valentines Day. The Boyfriend bought me gorgeous roses, an adorable mug that had a sock monkey in it, some of my favorite chocolates, and a really sweet card. We also went out to dinner at Applebee's thanks to his sister. She was super awesome and got us a gift card for Christmas and we saved it for Valentines Day. 



I got him a card and a set of expansion cards for Munchkin. He loves the game and now he has a new set of cards to teach me. I promised him he could teach me one day and that was part of his present. The rest of his present he will get next weekend when we do February's date. We will be making brownies and watching movies together. I will explain the "February Date" thing later in another post. 

So here is the real drama that happened this weekend. So sit back and get ready for this. I don't think anyone here may know but I am DEATHLY allergic to any form of nuts, mainly peanuts/peanut butter, when I eat it, I swell up like a balloon, can't breath, get sick, its a not a fun time for anyone, especially me. So here is my rant that I gave to Russell Stover on Saturday after I almost ate candy that had peanuts in it without peanuts listed in the ingredients.

Dear Russell Stover Candies,
I am deathly allergic to nuts, peanuts, and especially peanut butter. With that being said, I received a small box of your chocolates from a friend for Valentines day and was very excited when I got the box, read the label, and it DID NOT say in the ingredients that it included peanuts, peanut butter, or anything of that nature. All the box said was "processed on equipment that produced peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, and milk". This warning is on any candy such as M&M's, Hersey Kisses, or any of them. But on any candy that has peanuts, peanut butter, almonds, or any nut in it, it has a warning label on it that says "Allergy Warning: Contains peanuts, peanut butter, milk." etc.

When I read the label on the box and it didn't say a warning label with the allergy information on it or even have it in the ingredients, I got very excited. I showed my roommate and thankfully, she recognized one of the candies that had peanuts in them. I gave them to her because I know I can't eat it if there is peanuts in the box at all, and as she ate the rest of them, she found one of them to be completely filled with peanut butter.

Thankfully I didn't eat the candy. If I had eaten the candy, or even just a bite of one of the pieces, I would have spent the night in the hospital and possibly not come out. I have never seen a company that makes candy, especially candy with peanuts in it, not put that information in the warning label or at least in the ingredients.

I encourage others that may have any type of allergy to be careful of what you put in your mouth. Because as I have learned, some companies do not respect the fact that it could kill some people and do not feel the need to put this information on the labels anywhere.

Thank you,
Felecia 

So that was my fun story for this past week. I am trying now to get the word out about the fact that Russell Stover didn't have a warning label about peanuts and peanut butter but didn't even have it in the ingredients list. I will explain more about peanut allergies and how people can be better aware and help those of us with it in a post later. Today, I am just really thankful that my roommate knew which candies had peanuts and that I didn't eat them.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and I can't wait to read the other week wrap ups!
xoxo
Felecia 

1 comment:

  1. Omg, I am so mad for you!! Peanut allergies are SERIOUS and Russell Stover needs to get it together! Thank goodness that your friend informed you about it before you ate the chocolates.

    ReplyDelete